Check out our store's website!

We also have an actual website for our store. That way those of you who are not members of etsy can buy our jewelry.
Here is the link: http://www.catherinesdreams.com/index.html

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Art Bead Scene March Submission

Here is this month's submission to the Art Bead Scene Challenge.   What is unique about this submission, is I not only used beads from Heather Powers, but my partner Jeannette O'Brien started making polymer clay beads and the colorful ones on the other side are her creations!

Here is the picture that we use for inspiration this month:

 
Street Scene in Montmartre: Le Moulin a Poivre by Vincent Van Gogh
 
Here is the link to the Art Bead Scene Blog: http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/
 
And here is my submission:




I love impressionist art and have been to and fell in love with Montmarte.  In this painting, I saw the bright spots of color in a somewhat colorless landscape.  I tried to show the contrast in the choices I made for the necklace.  I wrapped the pendant myself.  I thought the colors of the pendant caught the colors of the earth and sky in the art.  I had fun with this, it is unlike any piece I have designed before.  And I loved using Jeannette's beads!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment