Check out our store's website!

We also have an actual website for our store. That way those of you who are not members of etsy can buy our jewelry.
Here is the link: http://www.catherinesdreams.com/index.html

Sunday, October 23, 2011

October Art Bead Scene Submission


I have to say that doing the ABS (Art Bead Scene) monthly challenges has helped me to grow as an artist more than any other activity that I do.  I really have fun with them.  If you don't already know, there is a group called the Art Bead Scene who has a challenge each month on their blog to make something that goes along with the theme of a piece of art.  You need to use at least one "art bead" or hand crafted artistically made bead.  Here is the link to the challenge for this month: http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/2011/10/october-monthly-challenge.html


I loved the fall theme of this month's picture.  I used a mix of beads that I like and that I felt went along with the picture.  The picture has a lot of unrelated details that somehow all look nice together.  I copied that in my necklace.  I also followed the color scheme.  I included the pink ribbon because I saw a pinkish hue in the picture.  THat is also why I used the square bead made by Heather Powers of Humblebeads.  Besides that I used fire and other agates, keishi pearls, a vintage bead that looks to me like a nut, a snail bead to bring to mind the snail in the picture and a small brown beautiful bead.  I used a glass leaf and atattched two acorns to it, one brass and the other silver covered.  I love the total effect and love wearing this piece.  Thanks ABS for helping me to stretch!

1 comment:

  1. It's always fun to see different interpretations from the same theme. I like how you brought out some of the rosy pink undertones.

    ReplyDelete